Howe staff can help you with your tech challenges. Ask Us!
Public computers available for use in the library:
- PCs with OpenOffice
- Laptops PC & Mac
- Access throughout the building & outside
- Join HoweWireless (no login required)
- Black & white only
- $.25 / side
- WiFi printing
The Howe Library offers two levels of technical support for library patrons. We have a weekly drop-in service and a scheduled on-on-one service. At these appointments we can help with thing such as:
- Navigating the Cloud (general Internet use instruction)
- Password assistance
- Setting up a new tablet, smartphone, laptop, or similar device
- Basic computer use
- Basic smartphone, tablet, e-reader, and app use
- Research advice
- How to use the library’s electronic resources
There is a lot we can help with, but there are a few things we are unfortunately unable to help with, including:
- Operating system updates
- Fixing hardware
- Managing or combating viruses
- Providing medical, legal, and business advice or opinions
- Keyboarding, typing, or proofreading documents
When you come for your appointment, please make sure you have the device, a power supply, and all necessary passwords with you.
Drop-In Tech Help — STARTS THURSDAY, DECEMBER 7th!
Drop-in Tech Help is our quick tech help option at the library. This program is available Thursdays from 11:00am-1:00pm at the table behind the reference desk. You will be helped on a first-come, first-served basis, no registration required.
One-On-One Tech Help
Adult services staff can also provide one-on-one tech assistance if you’d prefer. What we can help with and what we can’t remains the same as above. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 603-643-4120 to set up a one-on-one tech help appointment.
Please note: We will provide advice and assistance to the best of our ability, but you accept and assume all risk for your files, devices, and information. Howe Library and library staff are not responsible for lost or damaged files, damage to other equipment, or other adverse effects of actions you may take based on advice you receive during Drop-In Tech Help.
Our Library of Things collection has digital tools to help with your tech projects.
- WiFi is available in all meeting rooms
- HDMI monitor in Mayer Room
- Projector & screen in Murray Room
Reserve Screech the Owl for your hybrid meetings. Ask us how.