55+ Art Show
Due to the pandemic, we have made the decision to cancel this year's 55+ Art Show. We hope you will participate next year.
If you are interested in participating in this year's show, please read the information below, as we have made some changes for this year's show. If you have any questions, please contact Megan Coleman at the library by calling 603-643-4120 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Artwork for Display
- Amateur artists age 55 or older are eligible to submit artwork.
- Please submit up to two works created in the last year. We will hang up to two pieces from each participant, space permitting.
- Artwork may not be larger than 3 feet (36 inches) in any direction.
- NEW FOR 2020: Submissions are restricted to paintings or drawings (e.g. watercolor, pastel, acrylic, oil, charcoal, pencil, mixed media) or textile arts (e.g. hooked rugs, tapestries).
- - Paintings and drawings must be framed or ready to hang.
- - Textile arts must be ready to hang via a dowel or be secured with T-pins.
How to Participate
- Art work should be pre-registered online by April 27 at this online form. This will allow us to create accurate labels for your artwork and speed-up the drop-off and pick-up process. If you need assistance with the form, please contact Megan Coleman at the Howe Library.
- Drop off your work on Wednesday, April 29 between 2:00 and 3:30 pm at Howe Library. We cannot accept artwork outside of the designated drop-off time, except by prior appointment with Megan Coleman.
- You must pick up your work on Thursday, June 4 between 2:00 and 3:30 pm at Howe Library. You are responsible for picking up your work on the scheduled day. If you cannot come during this time, please contact Megan Coleman to schedule an appointment to do so. We cannot accommodate requests for early pickup of artwork.
- If you wish to sell your work, Howe Library requires a fee of 10% of all sales from the Ledyard Gallery. Please contact Megan Coleman for details.
-Please note that while we will take special care of all entries, Howe Library cannot assume responsibility for loss or damage.
Opening Reception and Exhibit Dates
- The opening reception will take place on Saturday, May 2 between 1:00 and 2:30 pm in the Ledyard Gallery at Howe Library.
- The exhibit will run from Saturday, May 2 through Wednesday, June 3, 2020.