55+ Art Show
The Hare and the Moon (detail) by Claudia Kern
Thank your interest in the 33rd Annual 55+ Art Show at Howe Library! This annual show showcases art created by Upper Valley amateur artists who are aged 55 and older. This year's show will hang in the Ledyard Gallery from May 4 - 29, 2019.
If you are interested in participating in this year's show, please read the information below, as we have made some changes for this year's show. If you have any questions, please contact Megan Coleman at the library by calling 603-643-4120 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Artwork for Display
- Amateur artists age 55 or older are eligible to submit artwork.
- Please submit one or two works created in the last year. We will hang up to two pieces from each participant, space permitting.
- Artwork may not be larger than 3 feet (36 inches) in any direction.
- Submissions are restricted to paintings or drawings in media such as watercolor, pastel, acrylic, oil, charcoal, pencil, or mixed media.
- - Paintings and drawings must be framed or ready to hang.
How to Participate
- Art work should be pre-registered online by April 30 at http://bit.ly/55ArtShow2019. This will allow us to create accurate labels for your artwork and speed-up the drop-off and pick-up process. If you need assistance with the form, please contact email@example.com or visit Howe Library.
- Drop off your work on Wednesday, May 1 between 2:00 and 3:30 pm at Howe Library. We cannot accept artwork outside of the designated drop-off time, except by prior appointment with Megan Coleman.
- You must pick up your work on Thursday, May 30 between 2:00 and 3:30 pm at Howe Library. You are responsible for picking up your work on the scheduled day. If you cannot come during this time, please contact Megan Coleman to schedule an appointment to do so. We cannot accommodate requests for early pickup of artwork.
- If you wish to sell your work, Howe Library requires a fee of 10% of all sales from the Ledyard Gallery. Please contact Megan Coleman for details.
-Please note that while we will take special care of all entries, Howe Library cannot assume responsibility for loss or damage.
Opening Reception and Exhibit Dates
- The opening reception will take place on Saturday, May 4 between 1:00 and 2:30 pm in the Ledyard Gallery at Howe Library.
- The exhibit will run from Saturday, May 4 through Wednesday, May 29.